Kolokotroni Street – Corfu Town
The island of Corfu was used during the First World War as a British and United States naval base. A convalescent camp and military hospital were also stationed there. In 1916, the island was used as a rest camp for the Serbian army.
Corfu British Cemetery was opened as a military cemetery in about 1855, and contains 13 First World War burials. The Second World War burials are mostly of casualties from destroyers mined in the Corfu channel.
The Commission also maintains 438 non-war military and civilian graves in the cemetery including 1 unnamed civilian teacher. There is a collective grave containing an unspecified number of unidentified victims of the collision of H.M.S